The Global Education Movement (GEM) program at Southern New Hampshire University respects your privacy when visiting our website and is committed to protecting your information. To protect your privacy, please refer to the following policy, which may be amended at any time by posted amendments to this page. (Last updated, June, 2020)
Purpose of this Policy
Personal Information We Collect
GEM collects the following information during your visit to our website:
- Any information provided in our Contact Us form
- Website tracking information collected through cookies and analytics services as described below: How users might view information or pages on our site
Please see the details below on how we gather or collect this type of information.
Cookies are small text files that may be stored on your computer, smartphone, tablet, or other digital devices when you access our site. This information can be read by our website when you return to the site.
Learn more about cookies here.
- Strictly necessary cookies – These cookies enable services you have specifically asked for. These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site. Without these cookies, certain services you have asked for cannot be provided
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information on the pages visited. These cookies collect information about how users use a website, for instance, which pages users go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore, anonymous. They are only used to improve how the website works.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience. These cookies allow the website to remember the preferences you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized, and they cannot track your browsing activity to other websites.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies – These cookies collect information about your browsing habits to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. You have options to remove or disable cookies from your browser at any time. Please click here to learn more about how you can manage cookies for your browser.
GEM uses a Contact Us form for inquiries. We will never ask for personal information such as a driver’s license number, credit card number, or social security number. We respect your right to remove your information from our systems at any time. Please contact us at any time to request your data be removed from our files. We will comply within a reasonable timeframe and reply to your request.
Use of Images
This website displays copyrighted images from our various programs and locations. If you are ion any of these images and would like the image removed, please let us know by using our Contact Us form.
Links to Other Sites
Our website contains links to other services whose information practices may be different from ours, such as funders’ partners. Visitors should consult these other services’ privacy notices, as GEM does not control information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. How do we protect your information? We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
Personal information about Children
Our website is intended for ages 18 and older. We do not intend to or knowingly collect personal information from children.
For more information about the website or if you have any questions, please contact us. We will respond to inquiries in a timely manner.